Roadworthy certificates can be issued by our Ringwood, Melbourne service centre, these are approved VicRoads inspection certificates, needed for vehicle transfers
- What is inspected?
- The inspection is a check of the vehicle to ensure that key components have not worn or
deteriorated and that the vehicle is safe for normal road use.
A roadworthy inspection mainly covers the major safety related items, including:
- wheels and tyres
- steering, suspension and braking systems
- seats and seat belts
- lamps and reflectors
- windscreen, and windows including front windscreen wipers and washers
- the structure of the vehicle itself
- other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
- What is not inspected?
- The roadworthiness test is not a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition
of the vehicle. If you require a comprehensive check on the overall condition and reliability
of the vehicle then you should arrange for a separate independent report such as those
offered by the RACV, many Licensed Motor Car Traders (LMCTs) and other workshops.
The certificate does not mean:
- that the vehicle is in top condition without any wear or deterioration
- non-safety related accessories such as the air conditioner, rear window demister,
electric windows and rear-window wipers are working
- that the items checked during the roadworthy inspection will continue to
theinspectioneg. a brake light can stop functioning at any time
after the inspection.
- What if the vehicle fails the test?
- If the vehicle fails the inspection, it means there were defects found in-line with the
test criteria. From there the vehicle must have all known defects fixed within 7 days.
If this is done at our workshop, we will issue the certificate. If the work is completed
offsite, we will need to re-inspect the defects for satisfactory repair, this may
involve a fee. If vehicle is taken off-site and repaired after 7 days, it will need to
pass another full inspection.
- How long does the certificate stay valid?
- The certificate stays valid for 30 days from